If you’re in the print industry, this certification class is something you don’t want to miss.
— Shane Lloyd, owner of GeckoWraps
This Printing United Alliance (PrUA) Color Management Boot Camp is essential for those seeking more consistent, predictable and repeatable color.
In order to give our attendees the hands-on experience that makes Color Management Boot Camps so great, we are offering a hybrid online and in-person model. The Agenda is broken down into both online and in-person segments. This will consist of one day of virtual online training and one day of on-site in-person training at Mimaki’s facility in Irving, Texas.
ONLINE AGENDA – Wednesday, September 8th
There are sections of the agenda that do not require hands-on participation. While we will make recordings available to attendees, we recommend attending in real time so that questions can be asked and answered. If attendees do not attend the live online workshop, it is their responsibility to watch the recordings before the in-person portion of the boot camp. The following portions will be taught online.
- Basic Color Theory
- Color Targets
- Anatomy of Inkjet Printers
- Measurement Devices
- Color Verification
IN-PERSON AGENDA – September 14, 15 or 16
The in-person, hands-on portion of the agenda will be held on one day
from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Mimaki’s Irving Facility. This portion of the boot camp will be held on September 14th, 15th, or 16th. There will be no more than six participants in attendance on a single day. These sessions will not be recorded.
Lunch will be provided. The following portions will be taught in person.
- Monitor Calibration
- Color Management Pyramid
- Profile Creation
- Spot Colors
Here’s what sets us apart …
- Hands-on profiling with working printer(s) and instruments
- No pre-printed targets in this workshop.
We’ll make mistakes together and learn from them!
- Work with the Onyx Thrive and Ergosoft RIP profiling solutions
- Multiple brands of spectrophotometers will be available in class.
We’ll have both Xrite i1s and Barbieri SpectroPads.
- No pre-printed targets in this workshop.
- Instructors with deep real-world knowledge
- Decades of industry-relevant color management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of dye sublimation,
UV, solvent and aqueous printing ink technologies.
- Held in an active demo and testing facility.
- Color Management Essentials for Attendees
- How To Guide for Monitor Calibration
- PDF download of all presentation slides plus a helpful glossary
- Free access to online certification test (up to two attempts)
- 30-day free trial of SpotOn Color verification software
- A certificate of completion for the course via PDF
- Our custom Color Management Software and Tools list with links to white papers, video, measurement tools, and more
Your lead instructor for this workshop will be Jim Raffel, an industry veteran with more than 30 years of color experience. In addition to being certified by PrUA as an instructor for the Digital Color Professional program, Jim is certified by Idealliance as a G7 Expert and Color Management Professional. He is also certified by RIP manufacturers such as EFI and Onyx.
Jim will be joined by Shelby Sapusek, a certified instructor for the PrUA Digital Color Professional program. She has more than two decades of design-side color management expertise. Shelby is also certified by RIP manufacturers and has helped organize and/or lead most of the ColorCasters events.
Discount for Previous Attendees
The cost for the hybrid Color Management Boot Camp is $799/person. However, if an attendee has paid for and attended a virtual boot camp in the last 12 months, the cost is $449/person. Cost includes all sessions as described above, and bonuses listed above. Please contact us directly via email or the contact form so we may confirm you past attendance and provide you with a unique single use coupon code.
This section will be updated with hotel recommendations soon.
Mimaki’s state-of-the-art facility located at:
78080 Tristar Dr., Ste. 114, Irving, TX 75063
This workshop takes place in Mimaki USA’s training and demo facility located in Irving Texas. The focused, small-class setting allows you to master color management. Learn from the industry’s top instructors and walk away with confidence and skill. Register now — space is limited. The workshop will be taught in English.
Please note that any necessary COVID-19 precautions will be adhered to by the instructors and attendees as required by the host facility and/or any federal, state and local jurisdictions.