If you’re in the print industry, this certification class is something you don’t want to miss.
— Shane Lloyd, owner of GeckoWraps
This Printing United Alliance (PrUA) Color Management Boot Camp is essential for those seeking more consistent, predictable and repeatable color.
Here’s what sets us apart …
Hands-on profiling with working printer(s) and instruments
– No pre-printed targets in this workshop.
We’ll make mistakes together and learn from them!
– Work with the Onyx Thrive and Ergosoft RIP profiling solutions
– Multiple brands of spectrophotometers will be available in class.
We’ll have both Xrite i1s and Barbieri SpectroPads.
Instructors with deep real-world knowledge
– Decades of industry-relevant color management experience.
– Extensive knowledge of dye sublimation,
UV, solvent and aqueous printing ink technologies.
– Held in an active demo and testing facility.
Free Color Management Essentials for Attendees
– How To Guide for Monitor Calibration
– PDF download of all presentation slides plus a helpful glossary
– Free access to online certification test (up to two attempts)
– 30-day free trial of SpotOn! verification software
– A certificate of completion for the course via PDF
– Our custom Color Management Software and Tools list with links to white papers, video, measurement tools, and more
Your lead instructor for this workshop will be Jim Raffel, an industry veteran with more than 30 years of color experience. In addition to being certified by PrUA as an instructor for the Digital Color Professional program, Jim is certified by Idealliance as a G7 Expert and Color Management Professional. He is also certified by RIP manufacturers such as EFI and Onyx.
Jim will be joined by Shelby Sapusek, a certified instructor for the PrUA Digital Color Professional program. She has more than two decades of design-side color management expertise. Shelby is also certified by RIP manufacturers and has helped organize and/or lead most of the ColorCasters events.
In addition, Eric Holczer, who is working with NUtec Digital Ink, will assist with this workshop and provide assistance with Spanish translation of the material.
9:00 am – Introductions
• Speaker Introduction
• Workshop Policies
• The Notebook
• Schedule of Events
• Participant Introduction
• Basic Color Theory
10:45 am – Break
11:00 am – Lecture: Color Management Strategies
• Color Targets
12:00 pm – Lunch
1:00 pm – Lecture and Hands-on: Color Management Strategies continued
• Introduction to Media Configuration
2:00 pm – Break
2:15 pm – Monitor Calibration
3:00 pm – Anatomy of Inkjet Printing
4:30 pm – Lecture: Managing Measurement Variables
• Measurement Conditions
9:00 am – Questions
• Lecture: Improving Print Quality & Creating Output ICC Profiles
10:00 am – Hands On: Media Configuration & Profiling
• Breakout to RIP stations for hands-on profiling
12:00 pm – Lunch
1:00 pm – Hands On: Media Configuration & Profiling continued
• Breakout to RIP stations for hands-on media configuration and profiling
3:00 pm – Break
3:15 pm – Lecture & Hands On: Power of Spot Colors
• Spot Color Lecture
• Spot Color Replacement Hands On
9:00 am – Lecture & Hands On: Verification
• Lecture: Verification Software
• Software overview (Hands-on)
• Verify/Print Analysis – From Media Configurations Completed in Class
12:00 pm – Lunch
1:00 pm – Questions and Assessment
All of the following are within 20 minutes of NUtec’s facility. Rates may vary substantially due to Miami being a popular destination.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami International Airport
- Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel
- Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Airport South
- Hampton Inn & Suites – Miami Airport South/Blue Lagoon
- Best Western Premier Miami Int’l Airport Hotel & Suites Coral Gables
- Four Points by Sheraton Coral Gables
NUtec Digital Ink’s state-of-the-art facility located at:
7316 SW 48th St, Miami, FL 33155
This workshop takes place in NUtec Digital Ink USA’s training and demo facility located in Miami, Florida. The focused, small-class setting allows you to master color management. Learn from the industry’s top instructors and walk away with confidence and skill. Register now — space is limited. The workshop will be taught in English and a Spanish translator will also be present to assist.
Please note that any necessary COVID-19 precautions will be adhered to by the instructors and attendees as required by the host facility and/or any federal, state and local jurisdictions.